Creating a love nest is very important. But sadly, the boudoir is sometimes overlooked and severely neglected. When thinking about your bedroom, is it a place you can relax and unwind? Do you want to spend time in there? Is it romantic? Or is your bedroom a place you want to avoid? Is it cluttered or filled with work?
Think about it, “Where the attention goes, the energy flows.” Thus, if you want more energy in the bedroom, then you must put some attention into it! So let’s get started! Here are a few simple Dos and Don’ts to help you create your very own love nest.
- Have computers, iPhones, televisions and other electronic work distractions in your bedroom. Studies show that couples with a television in their bedroom have half the amount of sex as couples who don’t. (However, you can have a television in the bedroom only if you use it to watch erotic videos!)
- Work desks, office stuff, etc.
- Exercise equipment
- Baby stuff
- Clutter and dirt
- Bright colors or loud/busy patterns on the walls
- Overly bright lights
- Uncomfortable and noisy bed
- And of course, child-like décor. Meaning, no race car beds!!
- Consider using all your senses (sight, smell, touch, hearing and taste)!
- Use satin sheets or soft bed sheets with high thread counts (over 350)
- Fur blankets, shag rugs and soft area carpets help to dampen noises
- Use candles (including massage candles – some are even edible) and potpourri
- Romantic wall colors (neutral tones are calming and soothing, warm tones are sexy and cool tones can be spa-like, relaxing and calming)
- Mirrors and romantic photos (black and white pictures, landscapes, etc.)
- Soft/dim lighting
- CD player or iPod with romantic music ready to be played
- A chest or secret decorative box (to store all your fun and sexy toys and aids, of course!)
- A small box or bowl of chocolates on the night stand
- Unique bedroom furniture that is multi-purpose!
- And of course, a good comfortable and quiet bed!
We hope this helps you create your love nest and get some positive and sexy energy into your bedroom. Remember, even small changes can yield big results! So get started!