For The Media
Dr. Chuck Bird, Ph.D., LMHC, RN
Dr. Jo-Ann H. Bird, Ph.D., LMHC, CCBT
About Chuck and Jo-Ann Bird:
Drs. Chuck and Jo-Ann Bird are Board Certified Clinical Sexologists, Sexuality Speakers, Relationship and Intimacy Counselors. They help couples discover more connection and passion in their relationships. As a husband/wife team, they counsel couples together which offers a unique and balanced male/female perspective and a combined therapy/coaching approach to helping their clients with a variety of relationship and sexual issues/concerns. They have been voted together as one of the 6 most savvy sexologists in North America.
Charles (Chuck) C. Bird, Ph.D., LMHC, RN is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (#MH 12501), Registered Nurse, Board Certified Clinical Sexologist, Sexuality Speaker, Hypnotherapist, Life Coach, and Relationship and Intimacy Counselor providing counseling and coaching services for adults in the Tampa Bay area. Dr. Bird received his Doctorate from The American Academy of Clinical Sexologists, two Masters degrees (Nova Southeastern University – Mental Health Counseling and Maimonides University – Pastoral Counseling), Registered Nurse degree from St. Pete College and his Bachelors degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida. His coach training is from The Institute for Life Coach Training. Dr. Bird is a Diplomate of the American Board of Sexology and a member of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT).
Jo-Ann H. Bird, Ph.D., LMHC, CCBT is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (#MH 6090), Certified Cognitive-Behavioral Therapist, Board Certified Clinical Sexologist, Sexuality Speaker, Hypnotherapist, National Certified Counselor, Life Coach, and Relationship and Intimacy Counselor providing counseling and coaching services for adults in the Tampa Bay area. She received her Doctorate from The American Academy of Clinical Sexologists at Maimonides University, Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling from Nova Southeastern University and a Bachelors degree in Psychology from the University of South Florida. Dr. Bird’s coach training is from The Institute for Life Coach Training. She is a Diplomate and Supervisor of the American Board of Sexology and a Qualified Supervisor with the State of Florida. Dr. Bird also serves as an Adjunct Professor of Psychology at Hillsborough Community College.
867 W. Bloomingdale Ave.
P.O. Box 6957
Brandon, FL 33508
Web Site: http://www.chuckandjoannbird.com
Drs Chuck and Jo-Ann Bird are Board Certified Clinical Sexologists, Sexuality Speakers, Relationship and Intimacy Experts, Radio Show Hosts, California Exotic Novelties’ Expert Sexperts and a happily married couple. Due to their last name and the work they do, they have become known as “The Love Birds”. They have been voted together as one of the 6 most savvy sexologists in North America. They can be found on www.ChuckandJoAnnBird.com.
Drs. Chuck and Jo-Ann Bird discuss more “Love Bird” advice on what works for a long-term romance on the ABC television magazine show called The List (2/14/14). Segment starts at 1:04 in the video. Click here to watch the video.
Are you looking to spark up that long-term relationship? How do you keep romance on a roll? Drs. Chuck and Jo-Ann Bird discussed what works for a long-term romance on the ABC television news magazine show called The List (2/14/14). Click here to watch the video.
We were recently interviewed by Adrienne Pedersen, WFLA News Channel 8, regarding the new rating apps such as Tinder and Lulu. Click here to watch the video.
Drs. Chuck and Jo-Ann Bird discussed the choice of being nearly-weds with anchor Laura Moody on Fox 13 Good Morning Tampa Bay. (8/22/13). Click here to Watch the video.
Drs. Chuck and Jo-Ann Bird discussed dealing with switched gender roles in relationships with anchor Laura Moody on Fox 13 Good Morning Tampa Bay. (6/20/13). Click here to Watch the video.
Dr. Jo-Ann Bird was interviewed on friends with benefits by Laura Moody on Fox 13 Good Morning Tampa Bay. Click here to Watch the video.
A kiss is just a kiss, or is it? Drs. Chuck and Jo-Ann Bird discussed learning the art of kissing well on the television news magazine show called The List. The were interviewed by The List reporter, Jake Peterson. Click here to Watch the video.
Dr. Jo-Ann Bird was interviewed on how cell phones are negatively impacting relationships by Laura Moody on Fox 13 Good Morning Tampa Bay. Click here to Watch the video.
What makes a person cheat on their spouse? Dr. Jo-Ann Bird, a Sex Therapist, says people in power often end up in affairs because of opportunity and they think they can get away with it. Click here to Watch the video.
Bay News 9, Anne Imanuel reports: 15% of people polled by Gazette.com reported they would rather give up sex for a weekend than their smart phones. Drs. Chuck & Jo-Ann Bird were consulted on the topic. What do you think they had to say? Click here to Watch the video.
Radio Show Hosts:
Intimate Chats with The Love Birds™, Weekly (AM Station) Radio Relationship/Sex Talk Show
Radio Show Guests:
Has foreplay become choreplay? Are you not feeling the sparks and sizzle you had when you first met? Would you like to have passionate, lusty feelings in your relationship? Then this episode of Loving and Lasting is for you! We discussed how to keep your marriage sexually satisfying on The Loving and Lasting Show with Ande Lyons.
Drs. Chuck & Jo-Ann Bird were live in-studio for Sexy Thursdays on Hot Mornings with Jayde on the New Hot 101.5! Tampa Bay listeners could call in for sex and relationship advice (July 2012 to November 2012).
As the authority on relationships and sex, Drs. Chuck & Jo-Ann Bird were invited by Hooters Nation Morning Show hosts Lynne Austin and Mike Pepper to talk about sex in today’s relationships.
Intimate Chats with The Love Birds™, YouTube Series (Below is just a sample of over 100 videos)
- Welcome to our New Show!
- Lil Teaser Dotty review
- Unhealthy Communication Assumptions
- Healthy Communication and How to Do It!
- Q&A Regarding Dental Dams
- Adult Sex Toy Review – the Amante
- Spice Up Your Senses!
- Q&A How to Keep Sex Fun and Interesting!
- Q&A Sexy Outfits vs. Nude Body
- Ways to Keep Romance Alive!
- How to Stress-Proof Your Relationship!
- Possible Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
- Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction
- Halloween and Sexual Role Playing
- How to Improve Marital Sex
- Giving Thanks
- Sex Toy Facts and Where to Start
- Sex Toy Care, Cleaning and Safety Tips
- Sex Toy Review – We-Vibe II
- Sex Toy Review – Sweetheart Vibe Pleasure Kiss
Articles Written: (Below is just a sample of articles written in the past)
- Why Men Should Have More Sex – Sexercise For Your Health Part 2
- Sexercise Part 1 – Ladies First! How Sex Can Make Your Healthier
- Lies: The Termites of Relationships – Why Do We Lie and How Can We Stop?
- Toys Aren’t Just for Kids – Why Adults Should Explore Toys in Their Love Lives
- Not Happy With Your Relationship? Instead of Fighting, Try Negotiating
- Is Your Sex Life Healthy? – Five Barriers That Can Keep Romance on the Ropes
- The Self Fulfilling Prophecies of Relationships – Or, Why You Shouldn’t Always Listen to Your Friends
- Cheating is NOT an Option – How Ashley Madison is Glorifying Infidelity
- Let’s Talk About Sex, Or Better Yet – You Talk About it With Your Partner
- Do You Suffer From Low Self-Esteem? – Five Ways to Find Out and Fix It
- Economic Woes Can Lead to Relationship Stress – How to Keep a Tighter Budget From Squeezing Your Love Life
- Healthy Sexuality in Relationships: Top 5 Barriers to Avoid!
- How Couples Can Argue Better – Why Disagreement Don’t Always Need to Be Fights
- Not Tonight Honey, I Have a … Poor Excuse – Chuck and Jo-Ann Reveal the Top 5 Relationship Excuses
- Want to Light The Fire With Your Mate? Five Ways to Reignite the Passion in the Bedroom
- How to Get Out of a Sexual Rut by Taylor Kubota, Men’s Journal
- Love Birds Strengthen Couples by Christina Petracci, Osprey Observer
- Unemployment Weighs on Her, and She Has a Job by Lane Degregory, St. Petersburg Times Writer
- Break It Down For Me By Beth Teitell, The Boston Globe Correspondent
- Local Sexologists Give Advice on Love, Intimacy by Lisa Cunningham, Bloomingdale Patch
Possible interview topics include:
- Healthy Communication and How to Do it!
- How to Stay Connected or Reconnect to Your Partner
- How to Create a Love Nest (bedroom)
- Sexual Fantasies
- Tips to Ignite Passion
- Causes of Low Sexual Desire and Ways to Boost It (for men and women)
- Sex Toys and Aids / How to Spice Things Up in the Love Nest!
- Healthy Sexuality in Relationships
- Ways to Break Out of the Sexual Routine
- Tips to Stress Proof Your Relationship
- Uneven Sexual Desire and How to Cope
- How to Improve Marital Sex
- Causes of Erectile Dysfunction and How to Cope
- Romance Tips for Couples
- What to do When Sex is Causing You Pain
- How to Rebuild Trust in Relationships