Did you know that Random Acts of Kindness Week started on February 14th? So, why not do some random acts of kindness for your partner? However, we certainly hope that you are showing random acts of kindness to your partner all year long…not just this week. To help you get started, here are 13 kindness ideas to do for your partner this week (and of course, all year long!):
1. Write your partner love notes and hide them around the house (of course, where you know they will find them).
2. Give your partner lots of hugs and kisses when they first wake up, when they get home, and before they go to sleep.
3. Tell your partner the many reasons why you love and appreciate them.
4. Write your partner a love letter or poem.
5. Do one of your partner’s chores.
6. Cook your partner their favorite meal (and serve it to him/her naked or in sexy lingerie).
7. Show gratitude often by saying, “Thank You”.
8. Pay attention and really listen to your partner.
9. Put your phone away when spending time with your partner.
10. Send your partner flirty and loving text messages often.
11. Give your partner thoughtful compliments.
12. Give your partner a sensual or erotic massage.
13. Plan a surprise “pleasure event” for your partner. For example, how about surprising your partner with a bubble bath with rose petals, candles, soft music, and a glass of wine?
Valentine’s Day is coming up and love is definitely in the air! Hopefully, it’s in the air all year long! We aren’t opposed to Valentine’s Day but we certainly hope that you are showing your partner love every day…not just when the stores and advertisements say you should. We recommend you get started now, instead of waiting until the 14th. Here are some tips that can show your partner that love is indeed in the air:
- Know your partner’s love language. If you don’t know it or know what we are talking about, then we recommend the book, The Five Love Languages, by Dr. Gary Chapman. Dr. Chapman explains that there are five love languages or ways to show love: words of affirmation, gifts, quality time, physical touch, and acts of service. Problems can occur when we show our partner love in one language (i.e. buying her flowers) but he/she speaks another love language (i.e. wanting to spend quality time with you instead). That’s when we end up hearing one partner say things like, “He doesn’t love me at all! He is always working…he must love work more than me!” And the other partner says, “I DO love you!! Why do you think I work so much! I do it all for you!”
- Start secretly showing love for your partner in small ways every single day using their love language. Have fun trying to think of new ways to express your love. For some ideas, see # 3.
- Remember, expressing love for your partner does not have to cost money! Write your partner love notes and hide them (of course, where you know they will find them!). Give your partner lots of hugs and kisses when they first wake up, when they get home, and before they go to sleep. Tell your partner the many reasons why you love them. Write them a love letter or poem. Do one of their chores each day… just because, etc.
- Plan a surprise “pleasure event” every week for your partner. For example, how about surprising your partner with a bubble bath with rose petals sprinkled on top, candles, soft music, and a glass of wine? Or maybe cooking a nice dinner for your partner and serving it to him/her naked or in sexy lingerie? Plan a romantic picnic on the living room floor while listening to your special love songs or reading erotic stories to each other. How about surprising your partner by trying something new sexually (i.e. a new toy, a new position or a new sexual fantasy character, etc.)?
- Remember to be thankful for your partner every day. And don’t forget to let them know it!
As always, wishing you more connection and much love!